Using tasks with BOR subtypes methods

Pascal Gottraux pascal.gottraux at srgssrideesuisse.ch
Tue Oct 9 06:12:30 EDT 2001

Hi all,

We have a project working with the module Quality-Management (QM); we =
want
to use the OSS-notifications instead of the standard notifications. We =
must
use the SAP transactions IQS1,2,3 instead of QM01,2,3.
In the BOR the object type for notifications is BUS2078 (QM =
notification).
We need the methods display and edit, but running the IQS transactions =
and
not the QM transactions. We have therefore defined subtype ZBUS2078  in =
the
BOR, derived from BUS2078.
In the subtype, we have redefined the method 'display' to run IQS3 and =
the
method 'edit' to run IQS2.
We defined then a workflow triggered by the event BUS2078.CREATED.
In our workflow, there is an activity which executes a task which =
should run
ZBUS2078.display.
In the workflow container, we have an element QM-Object which is an =
object
of type BUS2078 and an element ZQM-Object which is an object of type
ZBUS2078. QM-Object itself is initialized from the event 'created' (we =
need
the QM-Number).
To run the method ZBUS2078.display, we have tried to initialize =
ZQM-Object
from QM-Object, but it does not work because the object-type is BUS2078 =
and
not ZBUS2078.

Can someone helping us ? How can we use workflow with BOR-subtypes ?

Pascal Gottraux
SRG SSR id=E9e suisse
MSC BWS
+41 31 350 97 32