Test for PM Order Status

Jody Chassereau drcakes at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:42:32 EST 2001

Gordon,

I was sitting here working on a custom workflow for... you guessed it...
Maintenance orders, so I couldn't resist replying to your question.

I may not understand exactly what you are asking, but here goes anyway.  I
set up my 4.6c workflow to trigger off Status management for In Review (XINR
status) on a maintenance order.  The event can be linked to the status
change by using tcode BSVW and choosing Customer settings.  The status
object type is ORI.  I had to create a new event through a subtype of
BUS2007, since there was not one for InReview.  If you are triggering off
Created, it already exists.

In addition to the trigger, I also had to set up a step in my approval
workflow to check for various statuses like ENVR (Environmental Approval).
I created a custom method on the subtype of BUS2007 to perform this check.
Basically it passes in the ENVR value (or whatever one is needed) and checks
for a matching entry in table TJ30T for the status profile involved with the
maintenance order.  I then take TJ30T-ESTAT value from this table and look
for a match on Object status table JEST for the object number of the
maintenance order.  If there is an entry in this table matching, then the
order has that status assigned to it.

I don't know if this is the best way to go about it, but it has seemed to
work for me so far.  Hope this is of some help.

Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com