HR Event - Employee Action

Cristy Calhoun cristy_calhoun at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 15:31:29 EST 2001

I have successfully used the HR Event functionality
for Qualification and Training Events.  Now I need to
generate an event based on different employee actions
and I can't get it to work.

To see what information I would have available to me
from the Employee Action, I put a breakpoint in
Function Module HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0000.  I'm very
confused by what is happening.  I have entered about
10 actions and about half the time the logic does not
stop at my breakpoint.  ????   From what I have seen
it appears that HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0000 is only run when
there is an existing action that needs to be
delimited.

For example...

1)  I did an internal move for an employee that did
not have any previous internal moves--Logic never
stopped at my break-point.  I then did another
internal move for the same employee and logic stopped
at my breakpoint TWO times (once for record that is
being delimited and once for new record.)

2)  The same thing happens when I change an employee
from active to inactive.  No break when I first change
the employee to inactive.  But then I change the
employee from inactive to active and my break appears
2 times.  Then I change the employee BACK to inactive
and my break appears 2 times again.

Can anyone explain to me what is happening or maybe
give me a better way to trigger an event for employee
actions?

I'm on 4.6C

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Cristy