Classes (ABAP objects) versus Business Objects

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Tue May 29 07:33:39 EDT 2001

Peter,

In the next Basis Release (to be used as the platform of the next CRM
release shipped in July) WebFlow supports ABAP objects.

Our strategy has not changed. The Business Object Repository (christened
"Bob the Builder" by Mark at ASUG) is the Business Directory (including
BAPIs) to the mySAP components.

However, sometimes you may want to create a technical object with an
advanced interface (e.g. nested structures) and this is where you'd turn to
ABAP objects, if you want.

Alan Rickayzen
SAP AG

I couldn't mention this feature at ASUG as we were still deliberating on
whether or not to release it.