DRAW and WF_DOC Objects

Johns, Ron E RJohns at powercor.com.au
Sun May 27 20:32:30 EDT 2001

All,

THE REQUIREMENT
I am modelling a Workflow to assist the Business in automating the creation
of detailed Project Scope documents.
The triggering event will be a custom transaction that requires the User to
enter a PS Network Number. The BUS2002 Object data (Network Object) will be
used to populate a WF_DOC with the Network data.
A DRAW Object document will then be create and linked to the Network.
I would then like the WF_DOC attached and checked - in into the DRAW
document.
I have configured the DRAW Document type in customising The documents are
checked in using the Knowledge Provider. Attaching and checking in originals
from the desktop works OK.

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR
The first Step creates a Word Document (WF_DOC Object) from a workflow
template that has links to a PS Network using our own implementation of
Object BUS2002. This works fine and the workflow document is created
successfully. I am able to view and change this document using the existing
Object WF_DOC Methods.

I then create the DRAW Object document that I want to attach the WF_DOC
document to using one of the existing create methods for the DRAW Object.

HELP NEEDED
My problem is attaching (and subsequently checkin in) the WF_DOC Object
document to the DRAW document I have created.
The DRAW object methods do not seem to cater for this scenario. The
documentation about Archivelink workflows for incoming documents is similar
but these WF_DOC Object documents I am creating are not of this type.

I suspect that we will have to create our own implementation of the DRAW
Object with a new Create Method that has the WF_DOC document included in the
Document Files Data.

Has anyone done this sort of thing?
Have I missed a method I could already have used?

Thanks and Regards,

Ron Johns
Team Lead - SAP Operational Business Services
Powercor Australia Ltd

Powercor Australia Ltd. This email and any file attachments are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please tell us immediately by return email and delete the
document.