Passing Data from a screen to WF & back again

Winfried Winterstein winfried_winterstein at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 01:55:53 EST 2001

Hi,

just a comment to the comment: It is VERY dangerous to
use the get parameter command to retrieve data from a
transaction called within an object method due to
following reasons:
* the parameter could have been changed in another
session within the same login (parameters are stored
globally per user per log-in)
* It could happen that the parameter is not set within
the transaction, because the user e.g. did not
create/change the document called or the transaction
does not update the parameter

Possible solution: Check if there are memory id's set
(they are session dependant) so that you can make sure
that the parameter was set within the transaction you
called. Unfortunately not all transactions use the
memory id mechanism...

Regards,
WMW (CSC PLOENZKE)