workitem/form from R/3 to Outlook and back to R/3

Richard Schot Richard.Schot at avelon-it.com
Thu Mar 29 04:36:12 EST 2001

Hi Michael,
We wanted to have the same in a workflow project for maintaining master data.
User send a form which can be rejected. When they have to change the form you
do not want to present the sap dynpro but the weblayout.
The problem is that it is difficult to send the workitemnumber. What we do
instead is sending a confirmation mail to the user in outlook stating that
they have to change the form. The mail includes a hyperlink to the ITS service
BWSP. Using this they jump directly to their (web) inbox where they can
execute the task.

I hope this can help you,

Richard Schot
SAP Business Workflow Consultant

________________________________
Avelon
Visit us at www.avelon-it.com

<SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU> =====
>Hi,
>
>is it also possible to send a workitem/form via email from R/3 to a
>Outlook-Client, without
>RFC connection to R/3 ? I read about a asynchrone email communication, but i
>
>found only the synchrone one with the object FORM.PROCESS.
>
>I looking for a easy way to send a form/workitem from R/3 to Outlook, there
>the user take an input in the form and send it back to R/3. Is this possible
>without SAP-Mapi, SAPForms installed on the client or a RFC-connection,
>only with email and a form ?
>

>thanks for your help
>
>Michael Kemmler

Kind regards,