Variables in Long Text Description

Raskin Alon x8008 ARaskin at Citipower.com.au
Tue Feb 27 17:46:55 EST 2001

My first guess is that Batch is a reserved word. Have you tried renaming it
and see what happens?

Regards,
Alon

-----Original Message-----
From: SMITH Elizabeth IS_Dept [mailto:Elizabeth.Smith at lai.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, February , 2001 19:34
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Variables in Long Text Description

I've got a really strange problem.

I've got an element named  BATCH in my container which is an import
parameter to a task (Object - SELFITEM, Method - DISPLAYTASKDESCRIPTN).

A typical value of BATCH (type = char , len = 10) is 'LA-OH' but when BATCH
is included in the Long Text Description the value returned is 'Effect on
batch input' !!!!

 I have no idea where this is coming from but it is always the same.

To compound things further I included BATCH in the Work Item Text of the
same task which returned the correct value ie 'LA-OH'!!!!!

Any ideas?

Elizabeth Smith
Lufthansa Airmotive Ireland.

Visit our Web Site:   www.lufthansa-airmotive.com