Syntaxerror in Expression FIPP.IMAGELINKS when an element with re ference to object is empty

Svanikier, Helena helena.svanikier at sap.com
Tue Feb 27 07:48:56 EST 2001

Hi everybody

Maybe you might know of a workaround in this case.

An Attribute 'Imagelinks' with reference to the object imagelink was added
to the subtype ZFIPP (preliminary posted document ) in order to have the
information of all scanned documents assigned to the preliminary posted
document. The programm implementation works fine when testing the business
object attribut on its own in 'SWo1'.

In my workflow implementation I then added a standard task to display the
Preliminary posted doc. The binding definition from Workflow container to
task container looks like this:
WF-Container    --> Task container
FIPP            --> FIPP (Object  reference FIPP)
FIPP.Imagelinks-->  Imagelink (Object reference imagelink)

The binding was done this way, because the users wanted to have the
possibility to access the scanned invoice from Outlook immediatly without
having to open the SAP document then goto 'environment --> attached
documents --> archived documents' before seeing the scanned invoice. This
way Outlook would show a mail with an attachement for the FIPP-Object and
one attachment for the IMAGELINK-Object. By doubling-clicking one or the
other the default method 'Display' will be executed.

So all this works fine, as long as the IMAGELINKS-Attribut is not empty.
Meaning that as long as the assignment of scanned invoices to the
preliminary posted document is done before posting the  preliminary posted
document everything is ok. As soon as the assignment is done later, the
attribut will be empty and the binding FIPP.Imagelink --> Imagelink will
create the error W8 110 Syntax error in Expression FIPP.IMAGELINKS, which
puts the workflow into Status 'Error'.

I am working in an 4.0b System. The same error can be reproduced with the
standard object BUS1001 (Material) and its attribut 'Document'.

By the way, I have also opened an OSS-call on this subject.

I hope you can help.

Regards,
Helena Svanikier

Workflow Consultant SAP Switzerland