More RSWWWIDE Questions

Mike Mathieson msmathieson at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:45:01 EST 2001

A while back I developed a workflow that has a task that sends a workitem to
a user, which is basically just an informational type of notification.  I
put all the information in the title so the user had no incentive to execute
the item - so there it sits.  I just recently change the workitem to an
email (we just got SAPConnect up and running) so I don't have this problem
anymore.  But now I would like to clean out all of these workitems from
users workflow inboxes, as some users have over 100 of these in their inbox
that they never executed.  I ran RSWWWIDE in our test environment and that
worked great, except the log of the workflow looks strange.

1.  Given the fact that no one will ever view the log of these flows, is
this an acceptable way to clean these up?

2.  What sort of methodology should I use to clean up a users inbox when
that user leaves - RSWWWIDE & RSWWHIDE?

3.  It seems to take longer for the users to get into their inbox then it
did last year.  Is this due to the larger number of incomplete workitems?

We are starting an archiving project this summer, but I don't want to wait
till then to get rid of these workitems.