How to write out to custom tables upon create/update BUS2032?

Karen Weaver Karen.Weaver at rayonier.com
Wed Feb 14 16:09:13 EST 2001

I currently have an order approval workflow that performs a similar task.
Every sales order that is created or has certain changes made to it  must
be approved by the production planner.  Once the sales has been approved, I
store the order in a table to be sent to the finishing management system
(outside of SAP).  The custom table in this case is updated in a background
task by a call to a function module.

Also, I need to send other sales orders which do not go through the order
approval workflow.  I do that by checking the appropriate fields to
determine if this is an order to save and calling the same function module
to update the custom table from the user exit (MV45AFZZ) of the sales order
program (SAPMV45A).  We are on 3.1h so I believe the programs would be the
same names.

With the responses to your questions, there have been suggested three
different solutions.  Unless you are doing a workflow or planning on doing
a workflow with the events, I would not use the workflow solution.  If you
do not need the events, there is no need to have the system spend cycle
time generating an events when you can accomplish the same thing with a
user exit.

Karen Weaver
Rayonier
SAP programmer analyst
(912) 427-5317

                    Todd Walter
                    <toddwalter at hotmail.        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    com>                        cc:
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: How to write out to custom tables
                    Workflow                    upon create/update BUS2032?
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    02/14/01 01:32 PM
                    Please respond to
                    SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group

I have two suggestions.  The first is to create a background method that
performs your logic and use it in a sngle step task that is triggered by
event BUS2032.CREATED.  A shorter way would be to create a FM with your
logic and then link it as the receiving FM in the event table (transaction
SWE2) for object/event BUS2032.CREATED.

Todd