How to write out to custom tables upon create/update BUS2032?

Rahilly, Ken Ken.Rahilly at compaq.com
Wed Feb 14 11:37:18 EST 2001

Good Morning All,

The background is this...
 3.1i environment.  I am working with business object BUS2032 and have
 a standard workflow in place to provide notifications to EDI support
 administrators when inbound Purchase Orders (850s) are failing.  Bit
 of a rookie when linking in the abap.

 The idea is this
 The boss just asked me the following....

 I want to do some reporting for cycle time, notifying me when certain
 steps have not happened within certain times.  (EX: we received an order
 and have not sent a ship notification in over a day.) I need to do
 this by creating a custom table and writing to that table whenever an order
is
 created, a PO is generated, a ship confirmation is made...From there, I
 can write an ABAP to give cycle-time reports for details.

 My question is this...
 Using bus2032 for an example, How do I tie an event to an abap that would
 write out a record to the new tables?  Eventually, I would like to extend
 the knowledge to Purchase Reqs, POs and ship Confirmations,
 (BUS2009, BUS2012, BUS2015...)

 Any help hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

 Thanks,

 -ken
 (603)437-3782
 or ken.rahilly at compaq.com