Upgrade from 4.0b to 4.6c

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 12 11:13:12 EST 2001

Hi Robin,

For starters, I recommend you look at OSS Note 0152871.  This note was very
helpful guiding me through two release upgrades.

Also take a look at the ASUG web site, Spring Conference 2001, for a
presentation by Mark Griffiths.  He really hit the nail on the head with
this presentation.

Good luck,
Sue

At 10:50 AM 12/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>We are just staring our project to upgrade from 4.0b to 4.6c. We have over 20
>custom workflows in production. The workflows and tasks are of all types (WS,
>WF, TS, T). We use only a couple of SAP delivered workflows.  Our
>workflows are
>in area of approval/release of purchase requisition, purchase order, service
>entry, trip, asset disposal, AP invoice payment and a few custom applications.
>
>Some of the workflows are copies of SAP workflow with changes to role
>resolution
>function and work item text. We have not implemented SAP HR or loaded the org
>chart, so all role resolutions use custom functions which go against custom
>tables. We also have several custom Business objects to support custom
>applications and enhancements to SAP Bus. Object, to add custom attributes and
>methods.
>
>I am looking for some guidance and information on how to assess the impact of
>the changes, estimate and plan the upgrade. Initially, I want to gather as
>much
>relevant info as possible.  I have access to the Release Notes for 4.6c
>and the
>intermediate releases as well.
>
>Are there are other free useful sources of information? I am especially
>looking
>for useful tips, do's, don'ts etc.
>Are there any particular OSS Notes which provide useful info?
>Any other information you are willing to share from your upgrade experience?
>
>I am extremely grateful for any assistance you can provide.
>
>Robin Sahasranam
>World Bank

Susan R. Keohan
Senior SAP Developer