How can disalble the display function of workitems?

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Dec 3 01:36:25 EST 2001

I can only suggest one solution to your question: modify SAP standard code to
disable the button (and the menu choice and the popup menu choice). You can
create attachments from the Business Workplace as well, so you should remove
those functions also. Perhaps it is possible to just remove the authorisation
for attachment creation - I don't know much about authorisations (except I don't
have enough of them :-)

However, I would suggest that endless hours first be spent to convince your
customer that this standard feature is not something they should prevent access
to. In our company the problem is that people don't create _enough_ attachments
to explain what they have done.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          "Kim, Go Joong"     |
|        |          <go.joong.kim at sap.co|
|        |          m>                  |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          03.12.2001 03:16    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     How can disalble the display function of workitems?     |

Dear workflowers,

I like to listen your precious opinions.
There are many function buttons like as 'execute', 'display', 'preserv' etc
in the business workplace inbox.
How can i display the 'display' function button?
My customer wants to only use 'execute' button not 'display' button
because in the display function, someone can do additional actions like as
create attachments etc.

I'll appreciate your any comments.

Regards,

GoJoong Kim
SAP Korea
E-mail : go.joong.kim at sap.com
Tel : 82-2-2194-2775
PCS : 82-16-725-9424

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.