Sending mail to Internet account from EBP does not always work

Myra H Gill Myra.Gill at ipaper.com
Fri Aug 31 07:38:48 EDT 2001

Within the SAP office shared office settings (SO16), under the "Mail sy=
stem
group"  select the radio button
 "Send to home address of users".  If your users are set up with "INT" =
as
their communication type, the mail will
 be sent to the internet address in the user's address.   This is an ex=
tra
step in the user set up which can be a little
cumbersome.

Our company started out with this method but we have not decided to mod=
ify
the EBP WF's to send the mail directly to the
user's e-mail address instead of userid.  This way we avoid any manuall=
efforts to accomplish the task, no SO36  or no adddress management chan=
ges.

Hope this helps,
Myra

                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                    "Van Heerde, Arnoud"                               =
                                                 =20
                    <arnoud.van.heerde at s       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.M=
IT.EDU                                           =20
                    ap.com>                    cc:                     =
                                                 =20
                    Sent by: SAP               Subject:     Re: Sending=
 mail to Internet account from EBP does not      =20
                    Workflow                    always wor             =
 k                                               =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                 =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                    08/30/2001 07:43 PM                                =
                                                 =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                 =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                 =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20

Hi Bodo,

Thanks for your reply, but I think I was not clear in my previous
explanation. The point is that we can send mail to the Internet even fr=
om
workflows. However in EBP 20C I was expecting that if I send mail to an=
 EBP
user (internal user), the system would recognize that we have maintaine=
the
e-mail address as the standard communication method and forward the e-m=
ail
automatically. Take for example the workflow for the approval of the
shopping basket. E-mails from that workflow are always sent to the org.=

Object/ID and therefore we have to configure automatic forwarding with =
SO36
to forward it to the Internet account.