Two Workitems instead of one being sent to inbox

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Thu Aug 30 07:37:00 EDT 2001

Since you haven't mentioned the release you are on I'll assume 4.6

SAP has some standard workflow solutions for IDoc errors, and I think this
situation (inputerroroccurred) is covered.
Go to transaction we40 to see the assigned standard tasks. These are _NOT_
triggered through event creation
Selecting Application help from the we40 screen will take you to a description
of what each process code means.

Check the tasks of the work items to see if this is what causes the duplicate.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          Deepak Kumar        |
|        |          <deepak.kmr at wipro.co|
|        |          m>                  |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          30.08.2001 09:52    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Two Workitems instead of one being sent to inbox        |

Hi,
I am sending workitems to users after an EDI order response idoc errors
out by using task ordrsp_error.To use deadline features of workflow I
have embedded this task to a simple workflow.I am triggereing this
workflow using event inputerrorocurred of object idocordrsp.This
workflow was correctly sending one workitem to the users when tested
using an ordrsp idoc.But when I moved this solution to another box I  am
seeing that it is sending two workitems to same user.One of the workitem
is giving the write message  while the other is giving the technical
description of the message(&_WI_Object_Id.ShortMessage&)  .

The second problem is that the message sent to users because of deadline
monitoring latestend is also containing only technical description as
the case above.

Kindly help.
regards
deepak

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.