UPD Work Process waiting with "Stopped CPIC"

Mark Pyc Workflow pyc_workflow at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 06:58:07 EDT 2001

I have just taken over development of a series of WFs which all perform
syncronous background tasks. When tested with 1 or 2 simultaneous users
raising triggering events all WFs work correctly. Once the load on the
system is increased (8 users on a small training system) the Update Work
Processes end in a state of "Stopped CPIC".

The symptoms described in OSS notes 186475 and 139181 are exactly as
experienced, but neither note seems to offer a real solution. The first
suggests raising the number of dialog WPs, but this would seems to just
raise the load required to break the system rather than fix it. The second
suggests fixing the "error when executing tRFC", but all the workflows work
fine individually.

I think I am being confused by translations from German, but the scenario
described in the notes explaining how the deadlock occurs runs against all
I've understood of the WF architecture.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated. This problem could impact
go-live for the project in two weeks.

Many thanks,
Mark