WS Workflow Template transport problem.

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Aug 22 18:05:49 EDT 2001

Hi Pallavika,
>From a previous reply:
Remember that for this to work you must be running the deadline monitoring
job SWWDHEX (which you can set up via transactions SWU3 or SWWA and SWWB).
Also remember that the task won't be started exactly on the 30 minutes due
to the way deadlines work.

You have to think of it like this:
a) Task scheduled to start in Time + 30 minutes.
b) Option 1: Deadline runs on a case by case basis - deadline job scheduled
to run just after Time + 30 minutes, job actually runs at Time + 30 minutes
+ time waiting in batch queue
c) Option 2: Deadline runs periodically - e.g. every 15 minutes.  Best case
- job runs just after Time + 30 minutes, job actually runs at Time + 30
minutes
+ time waiting in batch queue.  Worst case - job ran just before Time + 30
minutes,
so deadline is picked up by next job at Time + 45 minutes, job actually runs
at
Time + 45 minutes + time waiting in batch queue.

Remember that if you are setting and checking a lot of deadlines that
periodic
monitoring has performance advantages.

Whether you are already using deadlines or not, it might be wise to read up
on the
R/3 library info in this area.  In particular if you are currently on case
by case
monitoring you might want to do some calculations to see whether this new
deadline
means you should swap to periodic monitoring.

If you are not sure, suggest you and your workflow administrator keep an eye
on the
deadline job when your new workflow goes live to see if you are flooding the
system
with deadline jobs.

It might be wise to discuss how well the batch queue is performing in
production with
your system administrator also.
Regards,

Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email  <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com> jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tel: +61 412 390 267