Workflow Problem Travel Expenses Approval

Roland Chan (EPA) Roland.Chan at ericsson.com.au
Wed Aug 22 20:25:08 EDT 2001

Hello,

               We have developed an workflow application for SAP travel
expenses approval - this is the first workflow application we built and we
use SAP Business Object BUS2089 as the basis to build the application.   The
version of SAP we use is 4.5B.   Everything work up to the part we want to
send a mail to the initiator confirming the travel is approved or rejected.
We adopted the SAP model for Notification of Leave Approval as the model to
build the send mail (in 4.5B, there is no Send Mail Icon when creating a
task).   Initially when the message is still displaying the Leave detail,
the workflow worked (with the mail of Leave Id, etc. fields not be converted
to proper values)  but once we changed the description to display the Travel
expense details, the whole task cannot be run and we keep getting error
message 'Work item 000000548128: Object AUSDEV200 SELFITEM  000000548128
method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION cannot be executed'.   This resulted the
initiator is not getting any message that the travel is approved or
rejected.

               Has anybody come across this problem ?    We use SWUD to
debug and trace the problem but we cannot identify any reason apart from the
above error message.   Please advise.

        Regards,
        Roland Chan