how much time it takes to learn wf for implementation

Roehlen, Peter PRoehlen at powercor.com.au
Wed Aug 22 02:21:02 EDT 2001

Gulden,

It is a bit like the old question, "How long is a piece of string?."  As
Patrick suggests a lot depends on where you are starting from.  You can
certainly learn the basics in that time and be producing very useful
workflows.  As with a lot of things, I find I am still learning a lot every
day and by reading some of the mails that are posted to this user group I
realise just how much I don't know.

I don't know what your manager is expecting you to be able to do after the
three week period, but I would have thought that it is asking a bit much of
you to be very competent after that short amount of time if you have to
teach yourself via the tutorials.

If, on the other hand, there are no extreme pressures on you to deliver
immediately, then it certainly is possible to teach yourself via the
tutorials and by reading the mails on this list.  I've done it this way and
have found it very rewarding and exciting, if at times a little frustrating.

Good luck.

Peter Roehlen
Team Lead - SAP Technical & Development
Powercor Australia Ltd