Archiving/Deletion of WI

Gulden Satilmis guldens at eczacibasi.com.tr
Wed Aug 22 01:58:09 EDT 2001

Hi Diane,
As far as I know, it is not a transaction but a database tool. You do the
preparations and everything from sapdba. It is a technical matter, a basis
consultant can help you. What I heard is it takes something like "days" to
perform this. (of course it depends on the database size .... )
When you delete an item, the space it occupies in the database is not just
free for new usage, you have to make a reorganization run  so the database
really "shrinks". Maybe you know about the scandisk and defrag tools
available in Windows (95?) It is something like that.
I hope this helps.

Gulden