Adding URL in e-mails

Richard Schot Richard.Schot at avelon-it.com
Thu Aug 9 05:49:57 EDT 2001

Hi all,
I have a problem when sending a SMTP mail to sap users with a hyperlink to a
web report. It is possible to store in the hyperlink the reportname, variant
and parameters/select-option values.

However....
I have a task that sends the email (selfitem sendtaskdescription) and I pass a
container value with the URL in question. In the email a part of the URL is
disappeared....
If you specify the url f.i. like
http://sdfsdfsd/scripts/wgate.dll/webrfc/!?_function=www_get_report&_report=ZZTEST&_variant=ITS&_parc_ebeln=4500000123

the part between &...& is disappeared. I think this is caused by the
interpretation of SAP that values between '&' must be replaced by the value of
the attribute of the buisness object. This is not present and therfore
skipped.

The result of the URL:
http://sdfsdfsd/scripts/wgate.dll/webrfc/!?_function=www_get_report_variant=ITS&_parc_ebeln=4500000123

Another question I have is about the cut of the URL. In outlook the URL is cut
in half so therefore can not be used.

Has anyone a solution for this ? Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Richard Schot

Kind regards,
Richard Schot