Workflow and B2B

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Apr 23 19:54:56 EDT 2001

Hi Allan,
Michel made a small typo
WS10000031 is the two step approval workflow and
WS10000129 is the one step approval workflow.

That's in BBP 2.0B - there are some additional workflows in EBP 2.0
but they are all fairly similar.

Note that the workflows use adhoc agent assignment -
this allows the "change approver" function to work in the
shopping basket status display and elsewhere, i.e. change
the agent dynamically - e.g. when you know someone is away.

If you do wish to add your own roles, it's worthwhile and
not that difficult to use the same technique.  If you
need further details let me know.

However if you are just starting to configure BBP/EBP it's
best to turn the standard workflows on and get used to the
functionality available first before you attempt to change the workflows.

Note that you'll need to configure START CONDITIONS to determine
which approval workflow is started when the shopping basket is
saved.  You'll find this in the BBP/EBP IMG (follow the implementation
guides and cookbooks).

Note that EVERY shopping basket must trigger ONE AND ONLY ONE approval
workflow when it is saved, as this workflow doesn't just approve, but
also triggers creation of backend objects (reservations, purchase
requistions,
purchase orders) after approval.

Also suggest you read OSS notes 329564 and 322526 for some useful debugging
advice.
In particular, note 329564 contains a small program for finding workitems
related
to a particular shopping basket which is EXTREMELY useful.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880