Workflow hung due to obsolete user account

Richard Schot Richard.Schot at avelon-it.com
Thu Apr 19 06:07:46 EDT 2001

Hi Brad,

I do not know on which release you are but at 46C there is a very usefull
report to restart workitems that are hanging. I do not know exactly if it
works for your problem but it is worth trying it (it helped us in many cases).
Report: RSWWCBRE

I hope this will help you.
Regards,
Richard Schot

_____________________________
Avelon
visit us at www.avelon-it.com

<SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU> =====
>We've got a notification step in our workflow where the engineering change
>request (ECR) creator is sent a notification message when a user status on
>the ECR has been changed.  I've got 3 workflows which are hung due to the
>fact that the creator for these 3 ECRs had left the company (his account was
>deleted) but these were still valid ECRs which were routed for approval.
>When I display the history for this notification work item, this is the
>error:
>
>Work item 000000150452: Related notification item cannot be generated
>   Message no. WL 863
>
>Diagnosis
>    A completion notification could not be created for the specified work
>    item.
>
>System response
>    The specified work item was completed (and therefore has the status
>    'completed') but a completion notification could not be sent.
>
>Procedure
>    If no notification agents are entered for the specified work item, the
>    error can be ignored.
>    Check whether this is the case in the work item display under GOTO ->
>    AGENTS.
>    Otherwise please contact your workflow system administrator.
>
>I have since added the user account back for the interim in order to
>complete these workflows.  The work item has been marked as completed but
>there's no result/event for the step and the next subsequent step doesn't
>appear.  How do I go about re-starting these workflows?
>

>Thanks,
>Brad

Kind regards,
Richard Schot