[4.6C] What does SAP_WAPI_COUNT_WORKITEMS *really* count?

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Thu Apr 19 02:55:52 EDT 2001

The function module SAP_WAPI_COUNT_WORKITEMS, according to its documentation
(available in English actually) "[...] establishes whether there are work items
in the Business Workplace of the specified user, and if so how many."

In my Business Workplace (development system) I have 42 work items. Does anyone
have a clue why the function tells me I have 64 workitems? I have also tested
this for a couple of other users. In all three cases the number reported was
incorrect, but the "offset" was different. In the test system I have 1 - one -
work item in my inbox, and the function reports 57. This function must be on
drugs :-)

Could SWUF-ing have anything to do with this?

I have searched for OSS Notes (using the function name as search criteria) but
found only one note which related to performance and disables a call to this
function in the logon routine.

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended
for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information
or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you.