AW: Workflow condition step returns wrong value

Dr. Thorsten Wewers thorsten.wewers at bmt-consulting.de
Thu Sep 28 11:34:10 EDT 2000

Sarah,

there is one issue I'd like to address in this context (it doesn't help y=
ou
with your current problem, but it avoids your running into another one in
the future): If I understand your description correctly, your workflow
starts with a simple condition and immediately ends in one branch of that
condition. Doing so, you are creating a lot of flowitems and transactiona=
RFCs, i.e. you're bringing a lot of load onto your machine, load that is
really unnecessary (namely, for all those workflows that end immediately)=
. A
way to avoid this, is to work with check function modules in the event
coupling table: In the function module, you simply evaluate the condition=
 in
ABAP (reading e.g. your defined property with swc_get_property etc.) and
raise an exception if you don't want the workflow to be started. The big
advantage is that this check function module runs in the same context as =
the
event raiser, i.e. no tRFC involved. This costs way less performance on y=
our
machine. Please consider that every tRFC is a new logon - you know how lo=
ng
it takes to log on in SAP as a dialog user...

Best regards,

Thorsten Wewers
http://www.bmt-consulting.de

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----