AW: Workflow condition step returns wrong value

Patrik vanOdijk patrik.van.odijk at gbg.frontec.se
Thu Sep 28 11:54:18 EDT 2000

Thorsten, Sarah.

I agree with what you say Thorsten. We did the workflow branch solution and saw
alot of RFC's. We changed that to a checkfunction and the load did go down
drastically. This is ofcourse depending on the type of workflow, the number of
flows started and the percentage of flows that are terminated ofcourse.

One issue that also needs to be adressed concerning this is a problem with
synchronisation. In some applications the, for example CREATED, event is
triggered before the database update has been done. This means that the access
to the object is not succesful in the check function. Sometimes this works with
the first solution Sarah suggests since the slowness of the RFC could alow the
database update to finish, but that doesn't seem like a very stabil solution
really.

We had to build an exit for one application to check a status for one created
object and skip the triggering of the created event within the application
instead of with the check function just of the above described problem.

Whats your opinion on this?

/Patrik

"Dr. Thorsten Wewers" <thorsten.wewers at bmt-consulting.de> on 2000-09-28 16:34:10

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>