workflow task not started

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Thu Sep 28 10:39:22 EDT 2000

I am not sure about version 4.6, but in version 3.1 the menu path (>>> means you
go to a new menu) shown below will take you to a window where you can specify
tasks to be started when error situations other than InputErrorOccured arise.
Technical errors such as missing partner profiles etc. is one example of such
errors (applies to both inbound and outbound). You will find the 8068 task
there, along with some others, and can specify your own task instead.
Tools -> Administration >>> Administration -> Process technology >>> IDoc ->
IDoc basis >>> Control -> System process code

After writing all this I realised that you actually specificially said that the
IDocs are in status 51, so this is not a matter of the type of error that
occurs. The only thing I then can think of is that you are experiencing these
problems on an IDoc type which has been developed or extended internally. If
that is the case, check that your customisation is complete for the IDoc type.
We had a problem like the one you describe, and it turned out that for an IDoc
type (or perhaps message type) we had not specified the event that should be
created when application posting failed. Unfortunately I have (after trying for
an hour now, not been able to find out where this customisation is done).
--
KjetilK

From:  "Svanikier, Helena" <helena.svanikier at sap.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on
       28.09.2000 08:20

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:  SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>