Workflow & Substitution

"Per-Bjørn Pedersen" PBP at statoil.com
Thu Nov 16 07:40:26 EST 2000

At Statoil we have been using substitutes for peple that are approving =
of time
sheets, travel forms, invoices, purchase orders e.a. Yes, both the appr=
over and
his/her substitutes will have the WF-jobs in question sent to them. The=
 one that
first grabs the job and reserve it will be accouted for as executing ag=
ent. Of
course any substitute should be given sufficient access right to perfor=
transactions that are submitted to them through WF. If that should not =
take
place it will not be a real case of a "substitute" either.

With Statoil we are not too happy about extensive use of substitutes. A=

substitute has to be able technically to act completely like the "prima=
ry"
receiver. That means that his/her own time sheets, own travel forms etc=
. will
pop up for approval, and clear routines have to be in place how to hand=
le this
outside built in functionality.

We see a multitude of possibilities to have WF-jobs sent to groups of p=
eople.
You may use org. structure, job, work centers, enteties of you own an s=
o forth.
Statoil maintains a "task" strudture to maintain a matrix organisation =
and a
split in responsibilities between (mainly) economical responsibilities =
(task)
and line responsibilities (org. ). In addition we do grouping withe Wor=
Centers, and we try to restrict "substitution" as much as we can, but i=
t has a
tendency to grow wild. So don't be to free here.

Regards

p-b

From:  "Jackson, Sarah A" <Sarah.Jackson at let-it-be-thus.com>@MITVMA.MIT=
.EDU> on
       16.11.2000 12:34

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:  SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>