Workflow & Substitution

Dr. Ulrich Mende wug at mende-edv-beratung.de
Thu Nov 16 08:24:21 EST 2000

Hi, Sarah-

I think the best way to set up substitutions for the workflow is the menu
from the inbox. If you use a mixed inbox, that contains messages too, select
a WI and then choose Extras--> Maintain substitute resp. Extras --> Activate
substitute. Every workflow user maintains the substitute(s) for himselve.
Activation after that can be done by the substitute (Extras--> Substitute
for, Extras-->End substitution) or by the substituted user himselve
(autoforwarding).
Details about workflow-substitutions in the R/3-documentation, chapter SAP
Business Workflow, Index>>substitution<<.
In the workflow logs you always will be able to see, who completed the WI.
The substitute must have the R/3-authority to complete a step as for somone
else. In the inbox a workflow-user can switch on the column "substitute for"
to see, which WIs cam into his inbox from other users via substitution..

Three hints from my workflow-projects:
  You are able to maintain chain-substitutions in the way A substitutes B
   substitutes C..., but the system can4t resolve them, therefore one user
   should have more then 1 substitute maintained (not activated)

  OSS 166342 for Rel. < 4.6

  Table for substitutions: HRUS_D2

Best regards Ulrich