Event Linkage

Warwick Hill Warwick.Hill at WaterCorporation.com.au
Mon Mar 20 20:06:47 EST 2000

Thanks Stephan,

I've re-checked the settings between SWE2 and SWETYPECOU and they now match
up,
so it must have been a case of the update task not having completed.

With regards to your suggestion of using "activate event linkage", that was
how I used to
activate them but in some cases I was getting the following message-

Type linkage between BUS2054 WBSPARTREL and
WF90000010: Insertion not possible

So I looked up OSS and found Note 0036426 "Problems activating event type
linkage"
which recommends using SWE2. Using this transaction in DEV is ok but our
TEST
and PROD clients both have status of Not Modifiable set which prevents me
from using
SWE2 unless I get the client opened.  It seems odd that it should be
necessary to
open the client to perform a function which would normally not require it,
if it worked
properly, ie. via the "activate event linkage".

thanks

Warwick.