SAP Workflow - Integrating with external systems

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at walldorftech.com
Thu Mar 9 03:30:13 EST 2000

Hi Warwick,

development class SWR contains the WAPI interfaces. They are according to
the WAPI specification by the Workflow Management Coalition; have a look at
http://www.aiim.org/wfmc/.

If it fits into your architecture to use an existing wrapper (I'm assuming
Visual Edge does just that), it will of course save you work, so it makes
sense. With an OO wrapper you have the advantage that you can work
object-oriented, as Adrian remarked, external objects can be depicted as SAP
business objects.

If you want to use the API function modules directly, you can in essence use
any method that can make a remote function call (rfc) to SAP.

Stephan