Adding Exceptions to Object Methods

Schroeter, Brad BSchroeter at ti.com
Tue Jan 18 15:04:49 EST 2000

I've found some "exit_return" statements in our methods which don't have a
corresponding object method exception.  My plan is to go add the appropriate
exceptions to the object methods.  My question is this: will doing this
require any changes to the actual workflows (we're in production)?  From I
can see, it won't.  However I'd like to make sure.  I've attached the
sections from OSS note 125400 (Modifying a Productive Workflow) which
pertain to Business Objects.  Thanks...

"Modifying a Business Object Method
Usually an incompatible change.
When in doubt, create a new method, encapsulate it in a new task which
is called from a new workflow version.
If the method's implementation has changed (ABAP code), but neither the
method's interface nor the properties  have changed, the workflow and
task do not need to be changed.

Modifying a Business Object Attribute
Sometimes this is an incompatible change. Read on.
Changing the algorithm behind an attribute will not affect the workflow
definition.
Changing the attribute's data repository reference could affect the task
container and consequently the workflow container and binding. Create a
new workflow.
Changing the multi-line flag of the attribute will have consequences for
the workflow and its container, so you need to create a new workflow."

Brad Schroeter
E-mail: BSchroeter at ti.com