Emailing Work Items

michael petrosh xraydelta7 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 10:59:10 EST 2000

The MAPI feature works great. I noticed you are on
3.0F
Are there any plans to upgrade?  User maintenance is
an issue, but with the newer releases there is the
profile generator (tx SU53). I do not know if this
feature was available on 3.0. My SAP experience has
been with 3.1, 4.0 4.5 and 4.6
Once a profile is created, it is assigned to users, ie
sap office administration. Once you have created your
profiles, then the users become nothing more than an
entry in a table vs. the traditional method of
maintaining individual profiles for each and every
user. If you have this functionality, the users could
even be created with a CATT.
Regarding MAPI, it is the way to go. work items show
up in the inbox, the user clicks on the executable and
is logged into R/3. Once the item is executed, the
user backs out and is back in Outlook.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mike Petrosh