Cancel subflow leave main workflow open....

Michael Pokraka MPokraka at samsungsemi.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 09:31:52 EST 2000

Hi,
OK, 'scuse me asking more questions than posting useful stuff -
nevertheless, good bunch of folks on this list (& thanks to all who have
responded so far).

I have another question: If I have a subworkflow, which gets cancelled via
flow control (04 - cancel workflow), the calling w/flow is still active
whereas the subflow has the status 'Logically deleted'.
Adding something to the event  'Processing obsolete' in the calling W/F has
no effect either, nor can I find any way to add events or terminating events
etc....
Is there another 'standard' way for handling this?

In more detail:
Flow A calls flow B which executes in a loop. User can opt out at one point
by cancelling the w/flow. This sets flow B to 'log. deleted', and flow A to
'in process' with no further steps.... ideally I'd want to set flow A to
'logically deleted' as well as it would be useful to distinguish between
them on a workflow statistic level.
Adding a cancellation flag into the loop condition is a bit messy for my
liking as it's a relatively long subflow - I'd would have to add conditions
all over the show.

TIA,
Michael Pokraka
SAP EDI Analyst
Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 8380-7050
Fax: +44 (0)20 8380-7218
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

The information contained in this email may be privileged, confidential
and protected from disclosure. The opinions expressed are those of the
individual and not Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd or Samsung
Electromechanics Ltd. Internet communications are not secure and
therefore Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd and Samsung
Electromechanics Ltd do not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message. If you think you have received this email in error please
notify the sender or mail "admin at samsungsemi.co.uk"  and delete any
copies of the mail.