ESS Activities after hiring: WS01000036

Hui Xie-H xie.h at pg.com
Wed Aug 9 16:18:16 EDT 2000

All,

We are trying to implement the standard workflow solution provided by SAP for
Employee Self-Service that automates creating and delimiting ESS user accounts.

The workflow template is WS01000036.  The workflow causes the HRUSER transaction
to be sent to the system administrator who can then create the user account.
The process works properly for the hiring of prehires and rehiring life actions.
It does NOT work for the direct hire scenario.

The workflow starts on the EMPLOYEE.HIRED event which is triggered upon saving
infotype 0.  When I go to transaction swi1 and list the event, it is there with
a status of error.  When I drill down and use the menu to 'List with technical
details', the error messages given are:

'Object does not exist.'
'1 error occurred in binding allocation to PERSONNEL AREA.'
'Object does not exist.'
'1 error occurred in binding allocation to LAST NAME.'
'Object does not exist.'
'1 error occurred in binding allocation to COUNTRY GROUPING.'

Apparently, personnel area and country grouping are saved on infotype 1 and
lastname is saved on infotype 2 so the data doesn't exist yet, hence the error.

One idea to fix this is to put a delayed start on the workflow (or the work
item).  We tried this, but when we ran the transaction swi1, it showed the
workflow starting right away, despite the delay.

Any ideas how to get the delay to work?
Any ideas on better alternatives to using the delay?
Is anyone out there using the workflows that come with Employee Self-Service?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice you may have.

Sara Everding
everding.se at pg.com
513-983-8616