[PageOneX] [dev] Planning Beta version Release

Rahul Bhargava rahulb at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 9 21:50:25 EDT 2013

Excellent!

A few notes:
- If you want to import some threads form the Heroku version we will have to write an export/import feature (is there an issue for this on GitHub?)
- For piwik support we have a piwik server we run for civic projects if you want to use that, and 'rack-piwik' seems like the ruby gem of choice to add it in (http://rubygems.org/gems/rack-piwik)
- Let me know time/location if you want me to join you at any newseum meetings in DC... just in case if I can be helpful

Rahul

On Apr 9, 2013, at 9:26 PM, pablo rey wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> We are still working on the http://dev.pageonex.com version, but it seems that all the basic functionalities are working. Rahul just added a nice pagination to the threads index page. Good job everyone!
>
> I've been tuning the blog and moving it to its new location at http://blog.pageonex.com/
> Now it is also bootstrapized and matches with the look of the app.
>
> Beta Release
> I've been thinking that the PageOneX 1:1 scale that is being presented next week at Media Lab Festival (April 19th), is a good moment to announce the launch of the beta site.
>
> In our next Monday meeting (April 15th) we can try to finish pending issues and export the data base from the dev site to the definitive production site. I''ll need to change the DNS for pageonex.com
>
> We can also import previous interesting threads from heroku versions. I think it is important to seed the platform with previous interesting threads, if possible.
>
> So, maybe for Wednesday (April 17th) we can make a soft launch of the site. I'll email all the people in the users list, newsletter subcribers and users at heroku, once we can confirm this.
>
> Related questions:
> Where should we add the Piwik script to track the web statistics in the production site?
>
> Gsoc 2013 (google summer of code)
> Berkman Center was not selected as a mentoring organization, so we'll not have a Gsoc student this year. Last summer, with Ahmd, we were able to set the basis of the tool.
> Some people had expressed interest in participating, like Pariskshit dutt, that despite the fact we are not at Gsoc this year, he still wants to contribute. Pariskshit, you can check my last email that review all the open fronts  or check the issue tracker to get a sense of what we are planning to do.
>
> Happy coding,

Rahul Bhargava
MIT Center for Civic Media
E15-350