[PageOneX] [dev] Planning Beta version Release

pablo rey pablo at basurama.org
Tue Apr 9 21:26:37 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,
We are still working on the http://dev.pageonex.com version, but it seems
that all the basic functionalities are working. Rahul just added a nice
pagination to the threads index page. Good job everyone!

I've been tuning the blog and moving it to its new location at
http://blog.pageonex.com/
Now it is also bootstrapized and matches with the look of the app.

*Beta Release*
I've been thinking that the PageOneX 1:1
scale<http://blog.pageonex.com/2013/03/07/pageonex-scale-1-1-front-page-analysis-references/>
that
is being presented next week at Media Lab Festival (April 19th), is a good
moment to announce the launch of the beta site.

In our next Monday meeting (April 15th) we can try to finish pending issues
and export the data base from the dev site to the definitive production
site. I''ll need to change the DNS for pageonex.com

We can also import previous interesting threads from heroku versions. I
think it is important to seed the platform with previous interesting
threads, if possible.

So, maybe for Wednesday (April 17th) we can make a soft launch of the site.
I'll email all the people in the users list, newsletter subcribers and
users at heroku, once we can confirm this.

Related questions:
Where should we add the Piwik script to track the web statistics in the
production site?

*Gsoc 2013 (google summer of code)*
Berkman Center was not selected as a mentoring organization, so we'll not
have a Gsoc student this year. Last summer, with Ahmd, we were able to set
the basis of the tool.
Some people had expressed interest in participating, like Pariskshit dutt,
that despite the fact we are not at Gsoc this year, he still wants to
contribute. Pariskshit, you can check my last email that review all the
open fronts <http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/pageonexdev/Week-of-Mon-20130408/000029.html>
or
check the issue
tracker<https://github.com/numeroteca/pageonex/issues?milestone=9&state=open>
get a sense of what we are planning to do.

Happy coding,