[Olympus] Next collaboration meeting

Norair Akopov akopov at mail.desy.de
Tue Sep 6 05:22:00 EDT 2016

Dear Douglas,

Due to change of Monday to Tuesday for our Monday meeting I can not attend
for todays discussion at 16:00. I would like to share with my comments
concerning  "how to proceed"..

- I support points noted in email sent by Alexander concerning necessary
explanations how the final result was derived, e.g. is it just average
weithed based on three independent results (Axel+Brian+Rebecca), if so ,
then how the systematics due to difference in three results were
estimated (also details how the systematics due to left/right asymmetry
was estimated)?

- I well understand the intention to show as wide as possible Q2 and
\epsilon measured ranges, BUT saving e.g. 20 Q2 bins for the final result we have
more than 1% stat. error at last 3 (even 4) Q2 bins? How this corresponds
to the declared less than 1% total uncertainty ? In my opinion better to
have just 8 Q2 and \epsilon bins (which is anyway compatible with the
number of points measured by JLab and remarkably larger than the number of
points measured by Novosibirsk). Making so as to my estimation we should
have less than 1% stat. errors even at last/first Q2/\epsilon bins.
Possible option could be to have both: 20 and 8 Q2 bins.

- did somebody estimate the percentage of background as a function of e.g.
Q2 based on reconstructed beam energy spectra in addition to the
estimations made with the coplanarity spectra , also how possible
systematics due to different polynomials used for bck. estimation was
evaluated ?

Best regards,

Norik

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Douglas K Hasell wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Just a reminder that the next OLYMPUS collaboration meeting will be on Tuesday, September 6 at 10:00 EST (16:00 CET).
>
> It is not clear whether or not new results will be ready in time (the people working on the analysis have been away
lately) but we can discuss where we are and how to proceed.