[Olympus] momentum spectrum

Brian S. Henderson bhender1 at MIT.EDU
Tue May 13 09:38:23 EDT 2014

Hello all,

To clarify, I would expect the MC for MWPCs only to look more like what
is shown on the second slide of the document Stan sent around (and the
addition of external bremsstrahlung would help to fill in the low
momentum tail, as has been seen in the past).  On the first slide of
what Stan sent around, you can see some results I ran yesterday for
MWPC-only tracking.  As you can see, the real data momentum distribution
looks more like we would expect than MC.  While the broadness is due to
the low resolution of the MWPCs alone,  there is a shift in the
peak/shape/broadening that indicates a problem in the MC for the MWPCs,
most likely in the digitization stage.  While the MC I ran yesterday
agrees with the distributions show by Kirril yesterday, I think the
appropriate conclusion to draw is that the MWPCs are still not well
modeled in the MC.

Since the agreement between data and MC used to be better (as I alluded
to yesterday and as shown by the plot included from Yuri on slide 2 of
what Stan sent), my main guess is that I introduced some sort of bug
into the MWPC digitization when I changed things to account for the
recent geometry changes.  I am currently re-examining the MWPC
digitization and testing for possible problems.

Brian