[Olympus] remaining program

Norair Akopov akopov at mail.desy.de
Thu Dec 20 12:12:33 EST 2012

Dear All,

I also agree that the present knowledge for a beam energy uncertainties,
which is on the level of 1.6*10^-4 (in worse case 3.5*10^-4) is still
much better than the limit Stan has mentioned (if we accept this
estimation):
"beam instability of 1 MeV  may result in 0.28% false asymmetry at
scatt. angles >40 deg.",
1MeV is 5*10^-4, then we should expect at mentioned angle essentially
less than 0.2% false asymmetry. I would say this could not
be an essential source of our systematics.

As to the plan to perform additional studies with also the negative
polarity, I do not think we can realize something conclusive from such
short studies with the lumi decreased by factor 10.
I also prefere to continue with the regular data taking, then we can have
opportunities to put more hard cuts (e.g. specific fiducial cuts) to clean
the data.

Best regards,
Norik