[Olympus] ToF rates from Monte Carlo

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Mon Apr 30 03:09:50 EDT 2012

Dear Axel,

this is a very nice study.

Regarding your solid angle variation argument, would it be possible to
plot the overall theta vs phi for all accepted events, and also broken
down by bar number?

Another source of systematics is the controversy about the target and/or
the field map relative to the detectors. Each of the three could be off by
a constant delta_z ~= 130 mm. I'll send a separate note on this when I
feel less confused.

I would not be surprised if that affects the solid angle by some ~20%.
The simulated acceptance change between even (++,--) and odd (+-,-+)
charge*polarity seems to be in agreement with the TOF analysis by the
Yerevan group.

Both Alexander and I won't attend today's meeting while we are crossing
the Atlantic.

Best regards
    Michael