[Olympus] OLYMPUS Schedule/Crane Activities

Uwe Schneekloth uwe.schneekloth at desy.de
Fri Jul 22 05:05:40 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The 40ton crane in the DORIS is unfortunately defective again. The motor has
to be sent to the company for repair. This will take until end of next week.
Next week we will try to do some tasks which were scheduled  for the following
week.

A rough schedule for next week is:

- Finish the water cooling of the toroid
- Mount the missing support for moving the north half of the detector frame
- Close the detector main frames
- Complete the interlock system
- Do as much of the interlock tests as possible
- Commission the toroid power supply
- Power up the toroid
- Install the Moller support and tables
- Start technical commissioning of DORIS as possible

We expect that the concrete ceiling can be installed end of the week, if the
repair goes fast, or on the weekend.
After this the target system and the detector will be surveyed.

The internal survey of the Moller system can now be done early next week.

Best regards,
Uwe