[mosh-users] Initial typing latency

Andrew Mason andrew.mason at voice.net.au
Wed Apr 11 22:54:59 EDT 2012

Hello,
Firstly thank you for your wonderful work. I understand how difficult a task
this is, and I am truely grateful that people are working on these problems.

I regularly connect to a server with ping times around 370ms from my desktop.
Using mosh with the -a flag  there still seems to be a noticeable input lag
when typing initially...subsequent key presses occur instantly as you would
expect but the first one or two characters still seemed delayed. Is this the
correct behavior ? I was assuming local echo meant that it would mean that it
would be similar to typing on my local machine and with our lower latency
connections this is the behaviour that i experience.

This isn't a criticism, it's still much enhanced from my previous experience.
I was just unsure if it was intended / unavoidable or just an artifact of it
being work in progress.

Kind regards
Andrew