[mosh-users] [mosh-devel] Getting started with Mosh

Chason Chaffin cchaffin at mediatemple.net
Tue Apr 10 05:19:29 EDT 2012

So, I have figured out the issue! I got the fix from this Linux From
Scratch article: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html#no-ptys

While the /dev/pts directory already existed, the /dev/ptmx file did
not. I created it with this command:
mknod /dev/ptmx c 5 2
then
chmod 666 /dev/ptmx

After this, it worked!

Thanks for all the help. Hopefully this is helpful to someone else!