[mosh-users] [mosh-devel] locale settings on OS lion/snow leopard

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 9 23:17:05 EDT 2012

Hello Ben,

Sorry you're bumping into this. We do have users successfully running
mosh (client and server) on OS X Snow Leopard and Lion.

I wasn't clear from your email whether you got your local terminal
successfully into a UTF-8 native locale. What happens when you run
"locale" on the local terminal? Generally this is configured in the
Terminal.app settings.

Do you have any luck running a command like:

$ mosh remotehost --server="LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 mosh-server"

This will explicitly set the locale-related environment variable on
the remote side before launching the mosh-server.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Keith