[mosh-devel] Mosh 1.4.0 is available on GitHub

Benjamin Barenblat bbarenblat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:14:26 EDT 2022

On Wednesday, October 26, 2022, at  8:33 PM -0700, Keith Winstein wrote:
> (1) Should we update the ChangeLog file for the source release? It looks
> like you (and achin?) already wrote text for it.

I completely forgot about the changelog. Yes, we should update that.
What do you think – should we update the changelog and push a 1.4.1 tag,
or should we update the changelog and replace the existing 1.4.0 tag
with a new one that includes the changelog update?

> (2) Should I make the final 1.4.0 debian/changelog entry (probably
> including the same bullet points as we'll put into ChangeLog) or do you
> want to make a PR for that?

I can take care of the Debian work. Debian generally prefers to keep
upstream changelog entries out of debian/changelog – debian/changelog is
supposed to be a changelog for the packaging, not the package. But I’ll
make sure the Mosh changelog is included in /usr/share/doc/mosh.

> (3) In the past the release announcement email named/credited the "primary
> developer and release manager" -- what do you want it to say this time?
> (I.e who should be credited and in what order?)

For developers, it looks like cgull, Anders, Alex, and I all contributed
over 100 lines of diff to Mosh since the last release. It’s an arbitrary
cutoff, but it seems as good as any to me. I think cgull should probably
go first on the list, since they were making active contributions until
2021.

As for release manager, I think that’s Alex. He was definitely the
forcing function here. :)