[mosh-devel] Naming, was Re: Termius + Mosh

Andrew Chin andrew at andrewchin.net
Tue Aug 8 20:30:00 EDT 2017

I think that's a good observation.  I think this conflation has also
happened because there are very few compatible clients and servers.
 (Actually, I'm not aware of any other implementation of the mosh-server
component besides mosh).

Would "mosh protocol" be an appropriate compromise between accuracy and
clarity?   Statements like the following would be, I suspect, pretty easily
understood by people looking for remote access clients:

"Run multiple concurrent terminal sessions on any device you own, using the
SSH, Telnet and Mosh protocols"