[mosh-devel] MOSH reminiscent of SCTP?

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Sat May 25 06:38:56 EDT 2013

On 2013-May-24 10:02:02 +0200, "Rick van Rein (OpenFortress)" <rick at openfortress.nl> wrote:
> What surprises me however, is that there is no mention at all of SCTP,
>which seems very similar to what MOSH does, at least conceptually -- it
>can move a node to another IP and continue its work.

They aren't really that similar:
             client IP               server IP
MOSH         arbitrary              single fixed
SCTP   multiple pre-arranged    multiple pre-arranged

The power of MOSH is that it doesn't care about the client IP address -
which is good in a roaming environment - especially when the client can
wind up with an arbitrary address.

--
Peter Jeremy