[Mobilepartners] Outage for Blackberry users connecting to the BIS

Deb Bowser bowser at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 11 16:21:01 EDT 2011

Good afternoon:

IS&T has discovered that Blackberry users connecting their devices through the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) are experiencing outages.  This outage affects any BIS user connected to the Exchange server prior to the update this past weekend.

What are we doing to address the issue?
Currently, IS&T is evaluating options and has a ticket open with the vendor, Research in Motion (RIM), to find a solution.  We will update the MIT Services Status page <http://3down.mit.edu/3down/> as we receive additional information.

Regards,
Deb Bowser
IS&T
Network Operations